Makes 6 servings
450 cal, 10g fat, 2g sat. fat, 61g carbs, 4g fiber
1 medium green bell peppers
1 medium red bell peppers
4 4-ozs boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
1 clove garlic, pressed
1 envelope onion soup mix
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup salsa
12 7-8 in flour tortillas, warmed
Monterey jack-Colby cheese, shredded
- Cut bell peppers into 1/2-in strips.
- Cut chicken crosswise into thin strips.
- Heat skillet over med-high heat.
- Add 1 tsp of the oil and chicken.
- Stir-fry 3-4 min. or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Add remaining oil, bell peppers and garlic.
- Stir-fry 1-2 min. or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add chicken, soup mix, water and salsa to bell pepper mixture.
- Cook and stir 2-3 min. or until heated through.
- To serve, place chicken mixture in center of tortillas.
- Serve with toppings, if desired.
Posted in Chicken, Dinner, Mexican, Uncategorized
Tagged chicken breast, flour tortillas, garlic, green bell pepper, monterey jack cheese, onion soup mix, red bell pepper, salsa
Makes 4 servings
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 pound chicken breast tenders
2 large shallots, finely sliced
1/2 cup red onions, coarsely chopped
2-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced (1/2″ pieces)
1 14-ounce can light coconut milk
2 green onions, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat 1 tbs. oil in large Dutch oven over med-high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Sauté chicken 5-7 minutes, or until center is no longer pink.
- Remove chicken and cover.
- Add remaining oil to Dutch oven.
- Sauté shallots and onion for 3-5 min.
- Sprinkle in spices and salt.
- Add potatoes and coconut milk.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium-low
- Simmer 10 min.
- While potatoes are simmering, dice chicken.
- Add chicken to curry.
- Simmer 5 more minutes or until potatoes are cooked.
- Top with green onion and cilantro.
Makes 4 servings
Missy and Weight Watchers
3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, without oil
1-1/4 cups uncooked couscous
1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 pound salmon, rinsed, patted dry
1/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1/8 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
2 tablespoons basil, fresh, torn
- Place tomatoes in a small bowl and just cover with boiling water.
- Cover and allow to soak for 30 minutes.
- Drain, reserving liquid, and chop tomatoes very finely.
- Place couscous in another small bowl and stir in chopped tomatoes, garlic salt and vinegar.
- Bring the reserved tomato liquid, plus enough water to measure 2 cups total of liquid, to a boil in a small pan and pour over couscous.
- Cover and allow to stand for 20 minutes, fluffing with a fork after 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a griddle pan or sauté pan.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper and then place in pan skin side down.
- Cook for 5 minutes, flip and cook until cooked through, about 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Add basil to couscous mixture; season to taste and toss well.
- Divide couscous between 4 serving plates and top each with a salmon fillet.
Makes 4 servings
From Grandma Loney
1 serving= half breast
2.5 pts/ half breast
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon margarine or butter
1/4 cup water
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1-2 tablespoons parsley
- Coat chicken with mixture of flour, salt, and pepper.
- Heat oil and margarine in skillet until hot and foamy.
- Sauté chicken over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
- Stir in water and lemon juice.
- Simmer covered until chicken is no longer pink (about 10 min.).
- Remove chicken to platter. Keep warm.
- Over medium-high heat, boil liquid in skillet, scraping to loosen brown particles, until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup.
- Stir in parsley.
- Pour over chicken.
Makes 8 servings
470 cal, 11g fat, 30g carbs
7 cups corn flakes, crushed to 1-3/4 c.
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
8 pieces chicken
3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 deg.
- Coat shallow pan with cooking spray.
- Place Cornflakes in pan. Set aside.
- In small bowl, beat egg and milk slightly.
- Add flour, salt, pepper.
- Mix until smooth.
- Dip chicken in batter.
- Coat with crumbs.
- Place in single layer in prepared pan.
- Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake for 1 hr.
**Do not cover pan or turn chicken while baking.