Makes 4 servings
These are very good when filled with the ingredients listed.
**Do not use olive oil in the crepe recipe. It makes it taste funny. It is fine to use to grease the pan.
2 eggs, beaten
1-1/2 cups milk
1 cup flour
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tomato, sliced
8 slices ham lunchmeat
1 cup cheese
- Combine eggs, milk, flour, oil, and salt.
- Beat until well mixed. (Place in blender if lumpy.)
- Heat a lightly greased large skillet; remove from heat.
- Spoon in batter so it just covers the bottom of skillet.
- Lift and tilt skillet to spread batter.
- Return to heat; brown on 1 side only.
- Invert over paper towels; remove crepe.
- Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet occasionally.
Once all of the crepe batter is cooked, do the following:
- Place a crepe in the skillet over medium heat.
- Crack an egg on top of the crepe and lightly scramble. Allow egg to cook a bit.
- Add a slice of ham and tomato on top of egg.
- Lightly salt.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Fold edges of crepe over top of filling.
- Remove from heat when egg is cooked. (It takes quite a while.)