Makes 2 servings
From Grandma Loney
Marsala is a cooking wine.
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon margarine or butter
3/4 cup marsala wine
1-2 tablespoons parsley
orzo (prepare as directed)
Asparagus in lemon butter sauce
- Coat chicken with mixture of flour, salt, and pepper.
- Heat oil and margarine in skillet until hot and foamy.
- Sauté chicken over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
- Stir in wine.
- Simmer covered until chicken is no longer pink (about 10 min).
- Remove chicken to platter. Keep warm.
- Over medium-high heat, boil liquid in skillet, scraping to loosen brown particles, until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup.
- Stir in parsley.
- Pour over chicken.