This recipe is from my mom. Ken’s aunt makes something similar.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup onions, chopped
1 cup carrots, sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 14 1/2-ounce cans low-sodium vegetable broth
1-1/2 cups water
3/4 cup small pasta, cooked
1 16-ounce can cannellini beans, navy or great northern beans, drained
1 14 1/2-ounce can diced tomatoes with garlic and onion
1/2 cup frozen peas
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Parmesan cheese or garlic croutons
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions, carrots and garlic.
- Sauté about 8 min.
- Add broths and water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 min.
- Stir in tomatoes, beans, peas, basil, oregano, and pepper flakes.
- Add pasta.
- Top with parmesan cheese or garlic croutons.