Makes 12 servings
This is a great soup to make when you have a lot of veggies lying around the house. (vegging)
The only source of WW points in this recipe is the cheese. Use whatever kind you have and calculate the points yourself!
4 cups water
4 cubes chicken bouillon
2 heads cauliflower
1 Vidalia onion, chopped
1 bunch celery, diced
1 pound mini carrots, sliced
2 ounces pepper jack cheese (adds some kick)
2 cups cheese
1 head broccoli, chopped
- Place water, bouillon, and cauliflower in a large stockpot.
- Cover pot and cook at medium heat until cauliflower becomes mushy and separates (this makes it sort of creamy)
- Lightly sauté onion in a separate pan.
- Add onion and celery to soup broth. Cook about 20 min.
- Add carrots.
- Add cheeses. Cook and stir until melted.
- Add broccoli.
- If there is not enough broth for all of the ingredients, add more water and bouillon (ratio: 1 c. water to 1 cube).
- Consistency of soup should be mostly brothy with a little bit of creaminess. Do not add more cheese to make creamier.
- Cook until broccoli is cooked but not mushy.