This tastes great over pasta or served as an appetizer with crackers
1 small onion, minced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1-1/2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1-28 oz can diced tomatoes
2/3 c. crumbled reduced fat feta cheese
Pepper, to taste
2 tsp fresh oregano, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 deg.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add minced onion and cook for 2 min., stirring often.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 min.
- Add tomatoes and their juice and bring to a boil.
- Cook until tomato juices thicken, about 5 min.
- Season with pepper to taste.
- Remove tomato sauce from heat and stir in shrimp.
- Pour tomato and shrimp mixture into a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Bake until cheese melts and shrimp are cooked, about 10 min.
- Sprinkle chopped oregano and serve hot.