4 frozen chicken breasts, thawed and cubed
4 14-ounce cans chicken broth
1 14 1/2-ounce can chopped tomatoes
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (peas, corn, carrots, green beans)
4 cups tortilla chips
1 teaspoon chili powder
3/4 cup medium cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 cup cilantro or parsley, chopped
- Cook chicken breasts.
- Combine the broth, tomatoes (with their liquid) and vegetables in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer 5 min.
- Add chicken to soup with chili powder and half the tortilla chips.
- Continue simmering until the tortilla chips are tender and chicken is heated through, about 10 min.
- Serve with remaining chips crushed on top.
- Top with the shredded cheese and cilantro.