2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 2-1/2 in. strips
2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
1 pound penne pasta
1 pound asparagus spears (or sugar snap peas, green beans, wax beans, snow peas, or broccoli)
2 mediums tomatoes, chopped
1 cup fresh basil, chopped
1 cup Romano cheese, grated (or fresh Parmesan)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Sprinkle the chicken with the seasoning.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over med-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until browned on the outside and cooked through, about 8 min.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions, omitting the salt.
- With a small strainer, transfer the pasta to a colander, reserving the water in the pot.
- Rinse the pasta under cold water. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the green vegetable to the same pot of boiling water and cook until crisp-tender, about 3 min.
- Rinse under cold running water to stop the cooking.
- Drain and add to the pasta.
- Add chicken, tomatoes, basil, cheese, garlic, oil, and salt.
- Toss well to coat.
- Serve at once.