6 oz. crumbled feta cheese
6 green onions, finely chopped
4 tsp fresh oregano leaves, minced or dried oregano
5 fresh tomatoes cored, seeded and coarsely chopped
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1 lb linguine freshly cooked and drained
2 tbs butter
1 tbs olive oil
4 cloves garlic, pressed
1 lb raw medium shrimp, shelled, deveined and cleaned
- In a large mixing bowl, combine feta, green onions, oregano, tomatoes, salt, and pepper.
- Let mixture stand at room temperature for at least one hour. (This is prime time to get the salad made, table set and make your pasta.)
- In a skillet, add the butter and olive oil and heat over medium high heat.
- Add the garlic and stir till starting to brown.
- Add the shrimp, toss together and remove from heat once the shrimp turn pink.
- To the shrimp mixture, add the cooked pasta.
- Toss together, then top with the feta cheese mixture and enjoy.