Makes 4 servings
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 pound chicken breast tenders
2 large shallots, finely sliced
1/2 cup red onions, coarsely chopped
2-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced (1/2″ pieces)
1 14-ounce can light coconut milk
2 green onions, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat 1 tbs. oil in large Dutch oven over med-high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Sauté chicken 5-7 minutes, or until center is no longer pink.
- Remove chicken and cover.
- Add remaining oil to Dutch oven.
- Sauté shallots and onion for 3-5 min.
- Sprinkle in spices and salt.
- Add potatoes and coconut milk.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium-low
- Simmer 10 min.
- While potatoes are simmering, dice chicken.
- Add chicken to curry.
- Simmer 5 more minutes or until potatoes are cooked.
- Top with green onion and cilantro.