Makes 4 servings
Missy and Weight Watchers
3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, without oil
1-1/4 cups uncooked couscous
1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 pound salmon, rinsed, patted dry
1/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1/8 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
2 tablespoons basil, fresh, torn
- Place tomatoes in a small bowl and just cover with boiling water.
- Cover and allow to soak for 30 minutes.
- Drain, reserving liquid, and chop tomatoes very finely.
- Place couscous in another small bowl and stir in chopped tomatoes, garlic salt and vinegar.
- Bring the reserved tomato liquid, plus enough water to measure 2 cups total of liquid, to a boil in a small pan and pour over couscous.
- Cover and allow to stand for 20 minutes, fluffing with a fork after 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a griddle pan or sauté pan.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper and then place in pan skin side down.
- Cook for 5 minutes, flip and cook until cooked through, about 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Add basil to couscous mixture; season to taste and toss well.
- Divide couscous between 4 serving plates and top each with a salmon fillet.