Makes 4 servings
Serve over basmati rice with a green vegetable (steamed broccoli) instead of the chopped spinach.
1/3 cup kalamata olives, chopped (or black olives)
1 clove garlic, pressed
4 firm-fleshed fish filets
3 tablespoons white wine (or use white grape juice with a splash of cider vinegar)
4 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
16 ounces spinach, chopped
- Preheat outdoor or indoor grill or oven broiler.
- In a small bowl, combine olives and garlic. Set aside.
- Drizzle fish fillets with olive oil and wine.
- Lightly grease grill or broiler pan.
- Grill/broil fish fillets until they flake easily when tested with a fork (about 10 min per inch of thickness).
- Sprinkle olive & garlic mixture over grilled fillets.
- Top each with a slice of Provolone cheese.
- Return to grill just long enough for cheese to melt.
- Arrange chopped spinach evenly on dinner plates.
- Serve hot fish over spinach and enjoy.