Monday-Chicken with Honey-Walnut Sauce, Parmesan Zucchini
Tuesday-Feta cheese shrimp bake
Friday-Diet Coke Chicken
Saturday-Salmon on the Grill
Sunday-pork medallions with vegetables on the grill
Makes 4 servings
4 small chicken breasts, thawed
1 can diet coke (Diet Pepsi or Diet Dr. Pepper also work)
1 cup ketchup
- Put chicken in a skillet.
- Pour ketchup and Diet Coke over top.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat.
- Cook 45 min.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Cook sauce until thickened.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
This tastes great over pasta or served as an appetizer with crackers
1 small onion, minced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1-1/2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1-28 oz can diced tomatoes
2/3 c. crumbled reduced fat feta cheese
Pepper, to taste
2 tsp fresh oregano, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 deg.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add minced onion and cook for 2 min., stirring often.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 min.
- Add tomatoes and their juice and bring to a boil.
- Cook until tomato juices thicken, about 5 min.
- Season with pepper to taste.
- Remove tomato sauce from heat and stir in shrimp.
- Pour tomato and shrimp mixture into a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Bake until cheese melts and shrimp are cooked, about 10 min.
- Sprinkle chopped oregano and serve hot.
Makes 4 servings
This is really good!
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
4 chicken breast halves (approx. 1 lb total)
3 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth, defatted
2 tablespoons walnuts, finely chopped
1 tablespoon Dijon style mustard
- In a small pot of boiling water, cook the garlic for 2 min. to blanch.
- Drain and finely chop garlic.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, parsley, and lemon zest.
- Set aside.
- Preheat the broiler or prepare the grill.
- In a lg. bowl, combine 2 tbs. of the lemon juice, the oil, salt, and rosemary.
- Add the chicken, turning to coat well.
- Place the chicken on the broiler rack and broil or grill 6 in. from the heat, turning once, for 8 min. or until golden brown and cooked through.
- meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the honey, broth, walnuts, mustard, and the remaining 1 tbs. lemon juice.
- Place the chicken on 4 plates, spoon the sauce over the chicken, sprinkle with the parsley mixture, and serve.
Posted in Chicken, Dinner
Tagged chicken breast, chicken broth, Dijon mustard, garlic, honey, lemon juice, lemon zest, parsley, rosemary, walnuts
Monday-Chicken Pad Thai
Tuesday-Cilantro lime chicken tacos
Friday-Valley Girl Wrap
Saturday-Burgers on the grill, corn on the cob, cucumbers
Sunday-hot dogs and beans
These taste great and are vegetarian!
1 flour tortilla (or flavored wrap)
1 tablespoon ranch dip
2 slices provolone cheese
1 tablespoon guacamole (use the light guacamole recipe)
3 slices cucumbers (with skins on)
1 slice tomatoes, de-seeded
1/2 cup lettuce, shredded
1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
- Smear ranch dip on tortilla.
- Place slices of cheese on tortilla (don’t layer them on top of each other).
- Smear guacamole on top of cheese
- Place cucumbers on top of guac.
- Place tomatoes on top of cucumbers.
- Place lettuce over tomatoes.
- Place a lot of sprouts on tops.
- Roll up like a taco and enjoy!
***While you have all the ingredients out, make one for lunch tomorrow, too!
Monday-Penne with Spinach and Sun-dried Tomatoes
Friday-Grilled balsamic basil chicken salad
Saturday-spaghetti with meatballs, cucumbers